Project Fly In
Project Fly In Proposed Activities
Estimated Costs: (F) - Free ($) - Value ($$) - Mid-priced ($$$) - Luxury
1) Check out a 2,000 year old village at the Secwepemc Museum and Heritage Park. ($)
4) Nine holes of Golf at Kamloops Golf and Country Club. (Adjacent to the Kamloops Airport). ($$) Click here.
4 Hour +
1) As Canada's Hottest New Golf Destination, there are 13 golf courses to choose from, ranging from pitch and putt to Canada's Best New Golf Course, Tobiano. Course designs range from desert, grasslands, alpine and tree-lined. ($$ to $$$)
2) Go hiking or biking at one of Canada’s premier resorts Sun Peaks. Click here. ($ to $$)
3) Relax at the Sunmore Ginseng Spa, North America's only ginseng spa. ($$)
4) Go fossil hunting. Maybe you'll find a treasure that's millions of years old ($$)
6 Hour +
1) Go fish! Try fly fishing at one of the 100+ lakes in the Kamloops area. ($$ to $$$)
2) Be a monk for a day at Sitavana Monastery. ($)
3) Head out to see wildlife and enjoy the freshness of the outdoors. ($$)
4) Go white water rafting. There are several white water rafting companies in the area. ($$)
5) Take a tour to go mountain biking, horseback riding or to the Centre of the Universe with Tours by Q. ($$ - $$$)
1) Grab some take out dinner and head down to Riverside Park to take in a free concert while having a picnic on the grass. Bring a blanket, chairs or just sit back on the grass at the Rotary Band Shell and enjoy some free music while watching the sun set. (F)
2) Ride the rails behind a fully restored steam locomotive, the Kamloops Heritage Railway's 2141. ($)
3) Do a walking brew tour of downtown. (F to $)
4) Catch a live band. The Blue Grotto, Pogue Mahone's, The Commodore and The Grind are all some hot spots that have many live bands play. (F - $$)
Kamloops has a wide range of accommodations to service any traveler. From budget to luxury Kamloops has it all.
Transportation services and rentals are abundant and varied in Kamloops. We have over 6 car rental companies, limousine services, helicopter charters, motorcycle and bicycle rentals. You will find everything to meet your needs and price point.
Kamloops Harley-Davison Rentals - Click here
BC’s Friendliest Welcome
Upon arrival all participants will be greeted with BC’s Friendliest Welcome at the Kamloops Airport. A great way to start your journey an information booth and package will be provided to all participants by a knowledgeable host that will be able to answer any questions that they may have. The package will include information about communities they will be visiting, maps and valuable coupons to use during their stay. A designated welcome and rendezvous area will be set up at the East end of the Kamloops Airport on both August 18th and September 2nd from 8:30 to 16:30.
What Kamloops is Known For
Kamloops is known as Canada's hottest golf destination and there's little wonder why. With a long season that can extend from mid-March well into October, 13 remarkable golf courses, superb conditioning and spectacular views, Kamloops has earned the title of the best! Many golf resorts and courses offer incredible value packages, and there are innumerable opportunities for combining meetings, retreats or reunions with unforgettable golfing experiences. Click here for Kamloops Golf Packages.
Kamloops is central to over 100+ fishing lakes within a 1-hour drive through diverse and scenic landscape. Many fish-filled lakes, rivers and streams are tucked into the beautiful landscape of mountains, valleys, forests and grasslands. The Kamloops trout is admired around the world by anglers who appreciate the physical attributes that make it such a sought-after sport fish. This fish will surely keep anglers busy as it can sprint as fast as a racehorse, empty a fishing reel of line in seconds, and jump more than three times its length straight up in the air!